Achieving EHS compliance alone is no longer enough.
Adopting new features, functionality and best practices is a difficult but necessary aspect of your digital strategy. As your company grows and has greater need for data how do you plan to adapt and use new tools, features or functionality? We will help you analyze your existing systems and processes through a systems assessment to determine your “As-Is” or current state. We then help you identify where you are in your EHS-IT journey today, and define your goals for using technology to enhance EHS over the next 3, 5 or 10 years.
Contact us to learn more, or scroll down to learn how we can help you create an EHS-IT Strategy.
Software & Tools
Creating your digital strategy starts with understanding the “As-Is” state of your existing systems through a Systems Assessment. Some of the areas we seek to understand are:
- What systems are you currently using, and are they aligned to current business practices?
- Are there current systems with overlapping functionality?
- Are you missing out on new functionality because you are not on the most recent version of your platform?
- Are your current systems meeting your needs, or do gaps exist?
- Do your employees and system users like and use the system, or are there areas they think should be improved?
After a systems assessment, we will help you determine your “State of Data” and begin defining requirements for your future needs:
- Is the data in the system up to date, and do you have faith in it?
- What enhancements do you think your system needs to give you faith in your data?
- Are you using systems with overlapping functionality to capture the same data more than once?
- What is the source of truth for your most important data?
- Are you using your data to spot trends and improve accuracy or identify areas for improvement?
Software and data are tied together by your business processes. We can help you identify potential improvements through a gap analysis:
- Does your software align with your business practices and workflows, or do you use workarounds?
- Does technology make it easier for employees to do their jobs, or add unnecessary steps?
- If your EHS processes are decentralized, and site driven how do you benchmark between facilities and business units?
- Are you leveraging existing systems to make reporting easier?
Contact us to learn how we can help you analyze existing tools & processes and plan to fill any gaps.
Creating Alignment & Goals
Before we begin planning your EHS digital strategy we will help you define goals. It is important to tie digital initiatives to your overall corporate strategy and get buy-in from management. Huco can help you define targets for EHS & Sustainability tools in terms of your CTO or leadership’s overall strategy for your organization.
Find out how Huco can help your team align on your EHS&S digitization objectives and create goals for the future.
Creating Your Digital Strategy
After we have analyzed and benchmarked your existing state and obtained buy-in, we will help you create a plan and document a roadmap including the changes needed to achieve EHS Leadership. Our roadmapping activities cover all aspects of your digital strategy by helping you consider the following aspects of your system(s) and strategy when creating a plan.
- Methods to address shortcomings with your existing systems.
- Requirements definition for new systems or upgrades
- Plans for consolidating systems that are doing duplicate work.
- Identification of redundant systems that store the same data to reach a single source of truth.
- Processes to make it easier for employees to collect, store or use data.
- Areas to create more confidence in your data (Can you increase the accuracy of your data by revising your collection, storage or quality analysis procedures?).
- Strategies to use your data to become more competitive in your industry.
- Identification of gaps in system content & methods to close those such as regulatory subscription services.
- Identification of existing workflows, notifications or task reminders that can be automated.
- Strategies for encouraging your employees to use your current existing systems more.
- Plans to give access to the right BI tools to build better reports.
- Strategies to use BI tools to make reporting quicker and more accurate.
- Methods to use BI tools to identify areas for process improvement.
- Ideas for using BI tools in conjunction with your EHS management system to spot actionable insights and improve worker health and safety.
Assistance selecting the right software for your organizational needs.
Upgrades to existing systems, and implementation of new software.